To make your jewelry last longer follow these guidelines.
* Protect your jewelry from extreme temperatures, sunlight, sharp blows, water (especially salt water) and harsh chemicals.
* Put on your jewelry after cleaning, washing, applying make up, perfume or hair spray.
* Let it be the last thing you put on when getting dressed and the first thing to take of when you get home.
* Store it in the gift box or in a pouch. Always in a dry place and away from direct sunlight.
* Clean your jewelry with a soft micro-fiber cloth after use is the easiest way to do it. You can dampen the cloth with a little warm water before wiping the jewelry. Do not use a silver polishing cloth, as it contains chemicals that can damage the plating.
Psst. It's not the end of the world if you don't follow these guidelines all the time. Some of us just aren't that good with these kinda things but you can always try.
By time the plating may wear off a bit any way and the silver underneath will show. That is the beauty of patina and it will make the product look even better.